An Introduction to CMS
Since our inception in January 2006, CMS has enjoyed significant and continued success as one of Scotland’s market leading manufacturers and installers of PVCU, Aluminium and timber hybrid, window, door and curtain walling systems. We now employ in excess of 175 full time and part time staff at specialist manufacturing and recycling facilities in North Lanarkshire and Fife.
Our first class workmanship, customer care and product excellence have ensured we remain at the forefront within our industry, counting among others, local authorities, housing associations, large main contractors, utility companies, professional specifiers and homeowners amongst our valued list of clients.
Together with our supply chain partners we have been at the forefront of innovative developments and award-winning practices within the industry to create energy efficient and environmentally friendly products and systems that benefit our clients, end users and the environment.
Key technological advancements have seen us develop a Krypton-free zero carbon window which is fully reinforced using 100% recycled material and can achieve U values as low as 0.8Wm2K – the first manufacturer approved by the BFRC Ratings Council within the UK to be able to corroborate this claim. CMS were the first window fabricator in Scotland to be awarded the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)-accredited BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety certificate from BM TRADA. 2012 has also seen us look to strengthen our position as market leaders by securing ISO 16001 (Energy) accreditation.
We are an award-winning company, having won many top awards over the past few years. These include:
- 2009 Lanarkshire Business Excellence Award Winner - Best performing company (26 people and over)
- 2009 Fife Green Awards Winner - Best Green Business for Waste
- 2009 VIBES Awards - Best Management Medium Category (between 50 and 250 employees)
- 2010 Lanarkshire Business Excellence Awards - Winner - Best Green Business
- 2010 VIBES Awards - Shortlisted - Best Product Category and Special Energy Efficiency Category
- 2010 Environment Green Apple Award - Gold Winner - Fife Council/CMS Enviro Systems
- 2011 - VIBES Awards - Special Commendation 'Waste & Resources' Category.
- 2012 - Shortlisted for 'Best Green Business' at the Scottish Business Awards