CMS is an industry leading building envelope contractor specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and aftercare of energy efficient PVCu and aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling systems.
With specialist manufacturing and recycling facilities in Castlecary and Kirkcaldy, CMS is at the forefront of innovative developments and award-winning practices within the industry creating products and systems that benefit its diverse client base whilst having minimal negative impact on the environment.
Sub contract window surveyor
At CMS we are looking to recruit an experienced sub contract window surveyor:
The successful applicant will have experience in the window industry as a window surveyor, a good attention to detail and be conversant with current building regulations.
The role of Surveyor is predominantly field based but will require regular visits to the office.
Liaison with customers, property owners and tenants. Carrying out a comprehensive survey to determine manufacturing detail. Drawing up each survey to enable order processing. Producing paperwork required for installation.
Qualities required include:
Previous window surveying experience. Good knowledge of current Building Regulations. A methodical and accurate approach to work. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Fenestration Surveying preferable.
Minimum 5 years’ experience.
Current DVLA driving License.
The successful subcontractor must be produce valid disclosure certification, promote a professional image and uphold the companies' values and work ethics.
Competitive rates for surveys available.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary experience please email your CV and a covering email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trade Sales Manager
Due to sustained business growth, we are currently recruiting for an experienced PVCu Window and Door Trade Sales Manager, to be based from our manufacturing facility in Castlecary, Cumbernauld.
Working as part of the Business Development team, this newly created position will be responsible for successfully delivering the revenue and margin for the trade sector; ensuring that customers are provided with an excellent service from start to finish.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Business Development team to deliver a pipeline of opportunities of appropriate type and quality, and of a size sufficient to deliver the targeted new business for trade sales;
- Securing appropriate market intelligence and fostering networks of contacts across trade sector and supply accurate and timely intelligence and leads;
- Ensuring individual sales targets are met and contribute to team success;
- Assisting the Estimating Manager with sourcing of stock and materials at competitive costs;
- Regular engagement with clients, and vendors to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues;
- Preparing estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organising, and scheduling work;
- Completing all administrative tasks specific to trade from initial quotation to order processing;
- Providing customers with brochures and samples as appropriate;
- Working with manufacturing and planning, to ensure customer delivery dates are met;
- Liaising with customers to gain feedback on projects;
- Ensuring information held on Business Micros system is up to date and accurate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience within the PVCu Window and Door industry, working with and selling to trade.
- Excellent commercial awareness with an ability to build strong and successful relationships.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please send us a copy of your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to: email@example.com
Rate: £12 - £14 per hour
This is a varied and exciting role suitable for a Plasterer. A minimum of 2 years’ experience gained in the social housing/domestic and commercial new build sectors is essential. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for coating internal and external walls and surfaces with the appropriate materials, ensuring quality standards and customer service expectations are met. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative following instructions given by the Senior Project Manager and have excellent communication and organisation skills. Possession of a clean driving licence and current CSCS card is essential.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based at our Head Office in Castlecary, Cumbernauld. Working as part of a large QS team, you will commercially control and manage all costs and billing applications relating to projects, from the initial order through to the final account. You will cover a range of sectors including commercial, social housing and new build.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all activities are delivered to the agreed time/cost/service specification.
- Preparing phased values for each assigned project.
- Project risk assessment and value management.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and submitting interim Applications for Payment and Final Accounts.
- Identifying and securing reimbursement of variations to the contracted scope of works and ensuring inclusion in Applications for Payment.
- Working as a business partner to Operational leads to drive and improve job profitability.
- Maintaining a positive cash flow and maximising profitability of projects.
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on all commercial aspects of projects.
- Maintaining awareness of the different Building Conditions of Contract in current use.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or possess relevant qualification and experience.
- An experienced QS with 5+ years experience in the manufacturing and installation of external Windows & Doors or, alternatively, from a construction / manufacturing background.
- Intermediate or advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and numerical skills.
Apply now with your CV and covering letter.to: email@example.com
Recruitment Agencies – please note we are not looking for additional support with this vacancy.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
This is a varied and exciting role for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer who will work hands-on and also lead our maintenance team
Reporting to the Production Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- To lead, and work as part of, a small team of maintenance engineers to maximise equipment uptime and reliability.
- To perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all our equipment including automated & semi-automated machines.
- To determine, and deliver, a preventative maintenance program to maximise the overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) of our machines at the lowest cost.
- To set, and continuously improve, maintenance practices and techniques (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery).
- To ensure compliance with all statutory maintenance requirements.
- To monitor spare parts and the specification of parts required to ensure machine uptime is maximised.
- To plan and organise project work including the installation of new machinery.
- To ensure the team are equipped with the skills necessary to deliver the service needed by the business.
The ideal candidate will be someone:
- with significant electrical maintenance experience, which is essential, coupled with mechanical maintenance skills which is preferred.
- currently in, or seeking, a hands-on electrical maintenance role, within a production / manufacturing environment, with the ability to lead a small team.
- who has experience maintaining electrical equipment & systems, electro-pneumatices, PLC's and light mechanical equipment
- who preferably has experience maintaining CNC machines for plastics or metal materials, plastic welding equipment, or other similar semi- automated machines.
- With experience commissioning and installing new plant and machinery
The maintenance department core hours are 7.30 – 16:00 Mon-Thurs; 7:30 – 14:30 Friday. Overtime, split shifts and an on-call process are in place to respond to any plant breakdowns.
Please apply now with your CV and covering letter detailing your salary package expectations for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in operations such as cutting, routing, assembling, general machining & fabrication, using hand & power tools?
We have opportunities on day shift to join our PVC fabrication team. Our ideal candidates will either be experienced PVC fabricators or have suitable skills and experience to demonstrate:-
- A capability to follow procedures and instructions especially relating to safety and quality
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in operations such as cutting, routing, assembling, general machining & fabrication, using hand & power tools
- A good attention to detail and a capability to check and measure work to ensure everything done is high quality.
- An ability to operate well using their own initiative and to contribute as part of the team.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm towards achieving quality and productivity targets as well as developing your own skills.
If you would like to be part of our successful team we will provide the full range of training necessary in PVCu window and door fabrication.
Mon to Thu: 07.30 – 16.00
Friday: 07.30 – 14.30
Please send your CV along with a covering letter and provide your current package details to: email@example.com
This is a varied and exciting role suitable for an experienced Contracts Manager. Reporting to the Aluminium Director within the Aluminium Contracts teams, your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading, managing and developing a team of Project and Site Managers ensuring that projects are allocated effectively and are being managed in line with client / company expectations and performance targets / obligations;
- Development and delivery of turnover and profit - collate, monitor and action budgetary forecasts versus actual spend;
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with key clients and acting as a main point of contact for any escalations;
- Ensuring clients are fully communicated with and are kept up to date with the progress of the project / contract;
- Visibly leading and motivating the team to achieve targets and optimise their performance and contribution;
The ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced Contracts Manager with an ability to read and understand product functions from technical diagrams, instruction manuals and design drawings.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication, time management, organisation and leadership skills.
- In possession of a full, clean driving license and a current CSCS card, SMSTS or SSSTS.
- Experience of working with a commercial glazing / curtain walling contractor would be beneficial.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org