Research and development
At CMS we are always innovating, never content to rest on our laurels. Our commitment to devoting time and resources into research and development is a contributing factor in our continued success. Our R&D team work closely with our supply chain partners in the development of new and improved energy saving products and processes.
With our glass supplier, Saint-Gobain, we have developed the CMS Silent-Therm Window. This acoustic and thermal performance window has noise control properties as well as thermal benefits:
- Ideal for stopping unwanted traffic noise
- Ideal for creating a peaceful, relaxing internal environment
- Enhanced comfort with well-being and health benefits
- Improved sleep patterns and quality of sleep
- Ideal for a bedroom in a noisy location
- Thermal Benefits - Saves 22% on heating bills*
- Security Benefits - Meets Secured by Design
- Furniture Fade Control - Reduces fade damage from sunlight by 99.6%
* Pre 2002 WER rated windows, 22% savings are typical but each home will vary. Example is for a semi-detached, 3 bedroom UK home saving £179 per annum for an A rated window (source Glass & Glazing Federation and Energy Saving Trust) with an annual gas bill of £800 (source: Department of Energy and Climate Change).